Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

transmision and clutch

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2012, 9:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmision and clutch

I bought a 85 chevy silverado a few months back that needed a little work. Im replacing the old wore out 305 in it with a 350 out of about a 92 model chevy truck. The newer motors are a little bit different then what im used to working on so i kinda wanna make sure everything is gonna work right. When i bout the truck it had a 305 in it, not real for sure this was the original motor since it was painted orange and i think the guy had said the tranmision and transfer case was out of about a 78 model chevy truck. i know some of the drivetrain had been replaced due to him pulling his boat in and out of the lake with it and water getting in some of the parts and ruining them. Now i know i probaly have to use the flywheel for the 92 model motor but as far as the clutch is concerned im a little unsure. So far the only thing i know about the transmision is that it is a 4 speed with a low first gear and it has 6 bolts on the im guessin pto cover plate on the driver side i can kind of see a big number 17 above that. The exhaust is in my way and prevents me from actualy seein any more numbers or markings on it. Any ideas i'd kind of like to get all the parts ready to do the swap by next weekend.