Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Vibration

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2013, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration

Purchased 2013 Silverado March 2013,,,,,Vibration in steering and seat. Gets worse with speed and road conditions. Dealer had it for two days, Said they saw no problem after sending it to a second rate tire dealer......Window sticker says tires were installed by dealer,,if so why did they not check the tires them selves.

General manager said,,,,the problem is ,,,you are old ,if you were young like me the vibration would not bother you. After all it is a work truck..

GM said my complaint will be filed...and they could not make the dealer do anything..

I took it to another GM dealer so far they have found a bad tire and we still do not know if the problem is repaired, tire on order ..why did I have to take it to another dealer ?
from reading the fourms, Silverado has a big shaking problem... Whats going on GM I have 700 miles on this vibrating truck and Wellsfargo is not so happy about it either as no payments have been made..
Old April 23rd, 2013, 8:51 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sosad
Purchased 2013 Silverado March 2013,,,,,Vibration in steering and seat. Gets worse with speed and road conditions. Dealer had it for two days, Said they saw no problem after sending it to a second rate tire dealer......Window sticker says tires were installed by dealer,,if so why did they not check the tires them selves.

General manager said,,,,the problem is ,,,you are old ,if you were young like me the vibration would not bother you. After all it is a work truck..

GM said my complaint will be filed...and they could not make the dealer do anything..

I took it to another GM dealer so far they have found a bad tire and we still do not know if the problem is repaired, tire on order ..why did I have to take it to another dealer ?
from reading the fourms, Silverado has a big shaking problem... Whats going on GM I have 700 miles on this vibrating truck and Wellsfargo is not so happy about it either as no payments have been made..
Hello,

We apologize that your visit to the dealership was not ideal. This is not what we want our customers to experience. I am relieved that you were able to get into a different dealership and get a diagnosis of this problem. I can look further into this for you if you'd provide me with your full name, VIN, and the dealer you are working with. Please keep me updated.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

WHAT!!??!! General manager told you that you are TOO OLD!! This old geezer might have just put that boy in his place! I would take note of his name, date, time, etc. he said that and take it to the owner of that dealer!

This vibration issue is all over other GM forums - check them out. A KNOWN problem!
Old April 25th, 2013, 7:45 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello,

We apologize that your visit to the dealership was not ideal. This is not what we want our customers to experience. I am relieved that you were able to get into a different dealership and get a diagnosis of this problem. I can look further into this for you if you'd provide me with your full name, VIN, and the dealer you are working with. Please keep me updated.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Sammy Lawson
1GCRKSE74DZ264018
Old April 25th, 2013, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Picked up the silverado today from terry labonte chevrolet, headed west on i40 virbration in seat and steering at every expantion joint.. Had no change with issue...after a tire was replaced...

Stoped by a third dealer parks chevrolet,, after two hours they said there was not a tire problem but the vibration was made because of a change in cylinders being used in the motor or active fuel managment ,,,,,i took the 2013 silverado and headed home at higher speed on a smoth road the vibration was not felt...
So seems now after being insulted at smart chevrolet,,and two day loss.... Told the tire was bad and a three day loss,,
now a fuel management and three more hours,,,guess what this $$$36000.00 silverado still shakes..
Old April 26th, 2013, 7:27 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sosad
Picked up the silverado today from terry labonte chevrolet, headed west on i40 virbration in seat and steering at every expantion joint.. Had no change with issue...after a tire was replaced...

Stoped by a third dealer parks chevrolet,, after two hours they said there was not a tire problem but the vibration was made because of a change in cylinders being used in the motor or active fuel managment ,,,,,i took the 2013 silverado and headed home at higher speed on a smoth road the vibration was not felt...
So seems now after being insulted at smart chevrolet,,and two day loss.... Told the tire was bad and a three day loss,,
now a fuel management and three more hours,,,guess what this $$$36000.00 silverado still shakes..
Sosad,

Thank you for the update. I have sent you a private message with more information.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 26th, 2013, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

Sosad, this IS a know issue! One guy on another forum has been through a real mess trying to get his new truck vibration stopped. It is NOT the 8-4 cylinder mess thingamajig causing it! Last I read on other forum, they had narrowed it down to tires and maybe wheels. Do a startpage.com (I don't use google!) search and maybe you can find his posts. It's on. GM forum.
Old April 26th, 2013, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks GuyGene I know you are right
Old April 26th, 2013, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Guess if a young person had complained they would have said an old person would not notice.

Which wheels and tires do you have? Get them to put some Michelin LTX MS2 tires on there if they think that is the problem.
Old April 27th, 2013, 7:15 AM
CF Beginner

adamjeep The only notice that dealer is interested in would be a short skirt, Blond hair..and good credit ...I had a lady friend pick up my new tags from them , until she ask for my tags they were tripping over each other to meet her at the door...LOL

Could be the reason my F150 did not shake over the 245000 miles I have driven it was the Michelin tires ...

Last edited by sosad; April 27th, 2013 at 7:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Vibration