Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Need Help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old December 24th, 2015, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help ASAP!

Basics, 2010 Silverado Hybrid... The truck is currently idling really rough, engine shaking, it sounds like garbage. SES Light P0300 (random engine misfire) I have pulled and replaced all the spark plugs, and I have tested all the plug wires and COP's and all cylinders are getting spark. I am not sure where I should go next. I am afraid that it could be the AFM lifter. The engine idles really bad, and when trying to drive it the SES Light will start to flash. The problem started on my drive back from the mountains, I was hearing a metallic like sound followed/accompanied with a slight burp/hiccup which I'm not sure if that was the AFM Lifter hitting or getting stuck that I was hearing. The engine slowly started to get worse and then the SES Light came on started flashing and basically went into limp mode. I pulled off the interstate and sat for awhile upon starting my truck it didn't have any idle issues or anything else. Then two days ago I was driving it and it started doing the same thing except it hasn't stopped. Rough idle and just acting so strange. I am hoping to test for vacuum leaks on the 26th but i'm currently in the military and on leave and need to get the issue fixed so that I can get on the road and head home.
Old December 25th, 2015, 2:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

check the misfire counters with a good scan tool to id which cylinders are misfiring. if its the afm cylinders do a compression check. if no comp, pull the valve cover, crank it over briefly and see if the rocker arms move.