Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by: Bakliner

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Where to plug in an electric brake controller on a 2007 silverado NBS

Can someone please tell me where I can plug in my electric brake controller for my camper on my 2007 Silverado "New Body Style" truck.
Seems like the trailer dealer and my truck dealer can't figure it out because of it being the "new body style".
On my 2005 Silverado, there was no problem, just plug it in a harness that was hanging under the dash, alas, no harness hanging with the 2007.
The truck dealer said something about unplugging something from somewhere then plugging something somewhere else.
I'm really confused, I need this hooked up by Aprl so I can go camping.
I would appreciate any help, please e-mail me at: rheck53@hotmail.com

Thank you

Bobinpa
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:25 AM

Default RE: Where to plug in an electric brake controller on a 2007 silverado NBS

I have the same question. I looked under the dash and only saw the ODBC II plug.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:43 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Where to plug in an electric brake controller on a 2007 silverado NBS

I've been looking also. The manual says there should be some blunt cut wires by the data link connector. I haven't located them yet. Should be a DARK BLUE, RED/BLACK, LIGHT BLUE/WHITE, AND WHITE. If anyone finds them I hope they'll let us know. I guess I'll call Customer Assistance and Information.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:23 AM
CF Active Member

I got this tech bulletin from Prodigy. It is for 2007 Silverado.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:08 PM

This is great info, but hard to read. Can you send a link to the pdf file or send it to me?
Thanks in advance,
David
Old 06-21-2007, 07:24 AM
CF Active Member

If anyone would like to have a copy of thefile I'll be glad to send it to you if your send me your email address.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:08 AM

My email is dirtrider@alumni.clemson.edu.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2007, 12:02 PM

Underneath the dash find the parking brake release lever and go down and under from there you will find a bundle of wires that are taped up, fiddle around with them and you'll find that 4 wires (large red and blue and small light blue and wire) are cut with electrical tape on the ends, you can pull them out of the tape or cut the tape.
Sometimes these wires are closer to the gas pedal but still taped up and easy to locate.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:40 PM
CF Active Member

The wires you refer to, are very easy to find. Like you said just under the dash, but mine were on the left side of the steering coluum. Also they will not supply any power to the trailer brakes till you hook up the two wires under the hood.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:31 PM

I have the same problem and I would also like a copy of the diagram if its still available. I did find the wires under the dash. Where are the wires under the hood that need attaching?

Thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 08:31 PM

Tags
07, 2005, 2007, brake, brakes, chevy, controller, diy, electric, install, location, review, silerado, silverado, trailer