Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Will all 2007 and up silverado cdplayers fit in my 07'?

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2012, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will all 2007 and up silverado cdplayers fit in my 07'?

I am trying to put a stock radio back in my new body 07' silverado. The guy i purchased it from has a dvd navigation aftermarket system in it and I only like stock radios.
My factory radio code is us9 and I know it did not have navigation from factory.
I am curious if us8 will work in it and further more will any 07 and newer cd players from a silverado work in it? (non navigation units of course)
I am kind of confused due to there being a few different u codes for these players.
I realize I will have to have it programmed with a tech 2.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old June 13th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> yzman720,

Considering the navigation unit was aftermarket, they may have had to make adjustments to the console to fit the unit. Please contact your local dealer for additional assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service