Site Feedback THIS SECTION IS FOR SITE RELATED ISSUES ONLY!! NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO FIXING AN AUTOMOBILE

1996 Tahoe please read I need help

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2016, 7:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Tahoe please read I need help

Ok I have a 5.7 1996 Tahoe 4x4 I put new mass air flow sensors, new tune up plugs wires distributer cap and it's still bogging down when I drive like early in the morning if it's cold it will run like a champ but if I keep driving for some time it's starts to bogging down just cutting out but the truck won't cut off at all I'm lost for words really need help I really wanna keep this truck but the winter coming to sooo yea
Old November 13th, 2016, 7:43 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Could be fuel pump? Why did you do all the work tune up ect? Was this just routine, or did this issue exist prior to the tune up ect. ?
Old November 13th, 2016, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Could be fuel pump? Why did you do all the work tune up ect? Was this just routine, or did this issue exist prior to the tune up ect. ?
Ok so I bought the truck drove it home probably 2 hours no problem had allot of power! Couple days go past starts bogging down eventually after having it running so yes the problem did exist prior but I figured if I do all the work tune up etc the problem would be fixed but no
Old November 13th, 2016, 3:21 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Is the problem consistaint? In other words, after 10 or 15 minutes it does this? I'd consider fuel pump
Old November 28th, 2016, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

Maybe you have slop in the timing chain?
Do like other fella said check fuel pressure, but if that checks out. . Take look at the chain. Also could you have bad intake gasket?
Run engine take spray bottle and spray around edge of gasket to listen if it boggs down.
​​​​​​​Good luck.
Old November 30th, 2016, 8:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

any dtc
check the fuel trim.
the 02 sensors are ignored in open loop when cold. try unplugging both pre cat 02 sensors...this will set dtc but if the 02 are the problem, it will clear up the bogging