Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Back up camera isn't working for 2015 Sonic.

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2016, 1:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back up camera isn't working for 2015 Sonic.

So ya I bought a used 2015 Sonic LTZ a couple of weeks ago. I knew that the camera system was funky when I bought it but I got a good deal so I was willing to overlook it. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice in how to handle the system. Most of the time the camera never shows up when I reverse and just keeps the original screen. However, if I immediatly switch to reverse when I turn on the vehicle then the camera will turn on but only for a few seconds. This only happens if the mylink system is booting up and the logo appears on the screen when you turn on the vehicle. If the logo doesn't appear then this trick won't work. I also had something strange happened a few days ago, I reversed and the camera actually managed to stay on the entire time, then when I switched to drive the camera stayed on and added the guidline overlay. It stayed on for a few more seconds and then turned to a black screen. Ya so any advice would be apprechiated, I really love the car I just wish the camera would work.
Old March 11th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will probably run into some additional quirks with MyLink. As time goes by, engineering seems to be working out many of the problems and updating the software to take care of them. My current issue is with playing MP3 music from a USB Memory Stick. I don't think the MyLink engineers have yet learned the basics of modern music players yet. If we can just hang in there for a couple of years, maybe they will catch up.