Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevrolet Car Models > Sonic (Aveo)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Sonic (Aveo) The subcompact known globally as the Aveo since 2002 is now the SONIC in North America as of the 2012 model

Chevrolet Sonic
GM Platform: T200, T250, T300

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default Flashing engine light on 2007 Aveo

My stepdaughters 2007 Chevy Aveo as 54,000 miles on it and the engine light is flashing, she says it is hesitating sometimes so I took it for a test drive and didn't notice a misfire but after few minutes the light started to flash so I got out checked and tightened the gas cap and drove it for about 10 of 15 miles and it never came back on. Should I take it in or just wait to see if this happens again?
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

I would recommend having the vehicle checked at a dealership to make sure that there aren't any lingering issues with the vehicle. The vehicle should still have our 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty which sounds like it would cover you or your stepdaughter for this fix, under normal circumstances. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-13-2010, 07:48 AM
CF Junior Member

I would have it checked out just to be safe esp if its covered under warranty.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:48 AM

Tags
07, 2007, aveo, blinking, chevy, cobalt, engine, flash, flashing, jump, light, ligjt, ls, rapidly, warranty