Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'01 suburban, no sound from aftermarket headunit.

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 981500k
I understand your concern. do you have any local car audio stores in your area?
Yeah, we do. I think I remember them mentioning something about needing something else if this or something similar happens. I'll have to go up there tomorrow and see. Thanks for helping me remember!
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:04 AM
CF Junior Member

No prob If you really need help on this again Ill run to the shop and get my books and do some calling or you can talk to my boss, we run and own an audio shop in town here and being its been so long since weve done that particular model i cant remember. Good luck
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:14 AM
CF Beginner

No prob If you really need help on this again Ill run to the shop and get my books and do some calling or you can talk to my boss, we run and own an audio shop in town here and being its been so long since weve done that particular model i cant remember. Good luck
I will keep you updated. Thanks so much!
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:30 AM
CF Junior Member

no prob
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:12 PM
CF Beginner

Okay, So I did call them up and they have no idea what is wrong. They have never worked on a 2001 suburban before, I guess. Do you or anyone else have any ideas as to what might be going on?
Old January 5th, 2010, 10:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Let me run to the shop tomarow and check my book and I'll let you know, but in the mean time if you can remotely hook up the deck to 12v and ground it, so on the deck harness twist the red and yellow wires together wich should be your 12v constant power and the swithced power and then ground it and see if it turns on like it would if normally hooked up and if it does then take a spare speaker and hook it up to all four channels (left,right,front, and rear) sepperatly to see if the deck actually works properly and then from there you can assume there is an amp in the truck and it needs to be bypassed or you need to buy an interface to talk the language of the amp. but I will still look in my book to check for ya. Our you can go the long route and tap into the actuall speaker wire in the pillars of the truck and run jumpers back to the deck but that can be timely and more or less apain. No worries we'll get her.
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Let me run to the shop tomarow and check my book and I'll let you know, but in the mean time if you can remotely hook up the deck to 12v and ground it, so on the deck harness twist the red and yellow wires together wich should be your 12v constant power and the swithced power and then ground it and see if it turns on like it would if normally hooked up and if it does then take a spare speaker and hook it up to all four channels (left,right,front, and rear) sepperatly to see if the deck actually works properly and then from there you can assume there is an amp in the truck and it needs to be bypassed or you need to buy an interface to talk the language of the amp. but I will still look in my book to check for ya. Our you can go the long route and tap into the actuall speaker wire in the pillars of the truck and run jumpers back to the deck but that can be timely and more or less apain. No worries we'll get her.
I think I might have found it. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/car-...y-radio-3.html sounds like it would work. I'll just have to find the right wire. I only have 2 exposed I think that didn't connect to the factory wiring harness.
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:06 PM
CF Junior Member

K if not let me know and Ill look up ur model of deck and truck and find out for sure tomarow or as soon as possible if you want k. good luck.
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

K if not let me know and Ill look up ur model of deck and truck and find out for sure tomarow or as soon as possible if you want k. good luck.
I will be certain to let you know how it works out, though it might not be until the weeks end as he's out of town right now.

Once again, Thanks so much for helping me!
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:20 PM
CF Junior Member

No prob just let me know what you need.

Quick Reply: '01 suburban, no sound from aftermarket headunit.