Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban Reduced Power Engine code

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2014, 6:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
actually, thinking about it, it can't be on the 5volt wire if unplugging the connector makes it go away

check the other 2 wires at the connector the same way just to rule them out. I'LL check the diagnostic when I get a chance.

I will check the other two wires shortly.

Thanks

Joe
Old April 11th, 2014, 7:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

I pm'ed some testing info for you.
Old April 12th, 2014, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

I pm'ed some testing info for you.

Tech2 thanks for the information in the PM greatly appreciate it.

first off I checked the other two wires and they were fine.

I had a Friend come over to help today and we started the process of elimination

EOP is fine
MAP is fine
ACC is fine
AC

got to the AC sensor and did not get 5V at connection I believe <1volt was the reading. Went to the ECM side of it and checked the connections and checked to see if there was 5V coming out of the ECM (no power coming out)

My question is should there be 5V coming out of the ECM going to the sensors, if not is it safe to assume that the ECM is the cause of the open circuit.

Thanks again

Joe
Old April 12th, 2014, 1:15 PM
Super Moderator

the ac pressure sensor should have 5 volts from the ecm at key in run. It is a 2 wire connector with a grey/white wire that should have 5volts and a tan low ref grd that goes back to the ecm.

If you don't have 5volts at this sensor and you have done the short to grd check like you did on the oil pressure sender and an ohms check shows no resistance in the circuit (I isolate the circuit and put a load on it to make sure the wires can carry current)...if could be an ecm. The testing procedure is to rule out the wiring, if the wiring is ok, ecm is the next step.

Last edited by tech2; April 12th, 2014 at 1:26 PM.
Old April 14th, 2014, 10:10 AM
CF Beginner

the ac pressure sensor should have 5 volts from the ecm at key in run. It is a 2 wire connector with a grey/white wire that should have 5volts and a tan low ref grd that goes back to the ecm.

If you don't have 5volts at this sensor and you have done the short to grd check like you did on the oil pressure sender and an ohms check shows no resistance in the circuit (I isolate the circuit and put a load on it to make sure the wires can carry current)...if could be an ecm. The testing procedure is to rule out the wiring, if the wiring is ok, ecm is the next step.
Thanks again. Will load test it this afternoon. But it appears to me that not. having 5 V coming out of the ECM ON THE GRY/whi wire tells me there's a problem with the ECM.

Thoughts?
Old April 15th, 2014, 7:06 AM
Super Moderator

the ecm supplies all the sensors 5volts from the same feed wire. if there is 5 volts on the other wires, the ecm is probably fine.
Old April 23rd, 2014, 10:17 AM
CF Beginner

Still having the same problems and at a standstill.

Tech2 sent you a PM with a question.

Thanks

Joe
Old April 24th, 2014, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Update Got to it again yesterday afternoon and checked each 5 volt connection for short

With the key off and the ECM disconnected I set my DMM to ohms setting and found that I had two connectors that gave a reading other then OL. The APP on the 5v ref 2 side (blk/whi wire) showed 4.43 and the CKP also on the 5v ref 2 showed .3-.4 on the meter

My question is does the reading from the APP mean I have a short somewhere in that wire and also would that cause the ref 1 side to show a problem

Thanks in advance for any help

Joe
Old April 24th, 2014, 9:03 PM
Super Moderator

I thought the fault was for the 5volt ref 1 circuit?
Old April 25th, 2014, 8:48 AM
CF Beginner

I thought the fault was for the 5volt ref 1 circuit?
YUP!!!! That's why I'm completely lost nothing has made sense with this issue from day one. (I went back and checked my notes reviewed any and all Error codes)

I'm going out right now and going to re-test each sensor for voltage, short to ground. Compare all my findings

I have a friend (ford mechanic) helping me and he's stumped too

I'm also going to check the wires coming out of the ECM and see if there is 5 volts coming out (on the connections that showed below 1volt).

They should show 5 volts out of ECM correct?

It is getting close to the " drop back and punt" portion of the repair

Quick Reply: 2007 Suburban Reduced Power Engine code