Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LTZ 4X4 rear suspension

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2016, 10:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe LTZ 4X4 rear suspension

Hey,

So I have tried looking around online and have found many of the same types of questions but they have also came with multiple answers that have ended up confusing me When I thought I had it figured out.

I just recently purchased my Tahoe and my rear strut has a hold in the air bladder which I noticed because my "service suspension system" indicator came on. So I want to purchase new struts all around so I know that they are all new and I can get rid of the leak in the back.
I was looking for replacement struts for the rear and I see that Arnott is the best for our suspension for replacement parts.

The following are the two most common Arnott struts that I found but I do not know which one to use or if another one is better all-together:

AS-2700 work with auto-leveling but will take away the dampening system, why would I want the auto-dampening system not to be working?
AS-2708 - keeps both systems working but read they are used struts with new air bladders? What’s the life on these being rebuilt?

Also when looking into which ones to use on the front I am totally lost, I read a lot about people having to put resistors on them to work etc. I am looking to keep the suspension system the way it is. Does anyone have any good part numbers that would be an upgrade over stock struts but keep the system working?

Last question I do not know what the condition or life is on the coil springs, I do not have much expiree in them because I never had to replace them before, does anyone have any measurements or any advice to see if I need them as well? Or I was planning on just replacing them anyways so I know I have a completely new system. If this is the case does anyone know any good springs they could suggest?

Thank you so much in advance for any help, I am looking to purchase these today so I can have it fixed ASAP.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Since Arnott is a forum sponsor, they may catch your post but if not, you should contact them with your questions.

Unless you've been carrying max loads a lot, your springs should last a long time. You can verify by checking ride height.
Old July 23rd, 2016, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else have any advise on what they use or have heard of others using? Was looking to replace the rear and front early next week hopefully, I dont like how the compressor keeps running because of the leak, the last thing I want is to have to replace the compressor as well lol.