Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2011 Suburban - rear seat arm rest

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2016, 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Suburban - rear seat arm rest

2011 Suburban - rear seat arm rest wobbles a bit from side to side. I tried tightening the bolt but still have wobble. My question is...

Is there a washer/spacer used somewhere in the mounting that may have been damaged? It seems to me that the bolt is going in as far as possible but its not tightening onto the side of the seat. I'm thinking by design there should be a spacer either between the seat and arm rest or inside the arm rest and the bolt gets tightened down onto.

Last edited by rickf16; July 25th, 2016 at 3:17 PM.
Old July 29th, 2016, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

I had the very same problem on my 2007 Suburban a few years back. I stacked a couple of washers which included a lock washer and tightened with a deep socket. Was able to tighten hard enough that armrest was actually difficult to raise and lower. Never had a problem again after that.
Old July 29th, 2016, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SML71
I had the very same problem on my 2007 Suburban a few years back. I stacked a couple of washers which included a lock washer and tightened with a deep socket. Was able to tighten hard enough that armrest was actually difficult to raise and lower. Never had a problem again after that.
Does the bolt come out of the arm rest? If so did you put the washers under the bolt or between the arm rest and the seat?
Old July 29th, 2016, 12:29 PM
CF Beginner

Nope, bolt does not come off. I removed the nut, stacked maybe one or two washers, then a lock washer, replaced the nut and tightened to desired "stiffness" of armrest. I did not remove the armrest and stack underneath. All washers are stacked inside the armrest cutout. Took care of the wobble and made the armrest more stable when moved up or down.
Old July 29th, 2016, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Got it...I'll try this. Should work, Thanks