99 tahoe reset passlock to restart fuel pump - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

99 tahoe reset passlock to restart fuel pump

January 22nd, 2006, 6:03 AM   #1  
99 tahoe reset passlock to restart fuel pump

if you put wrong key in ignition, it kills fuel system, but how do you reset it?i undid battery,re hooked it up, it didn't help.
i checked fuses, all good

any help is appreciated.

April 22nd, 2006, 4:42 PM   #2  
RE: 99 tahoe reset passlock to restart fuel pump

I have the same problem. Disconnecting the battery used to reset the codes, but not anymore. I don't know why it does this and wish there was some solution for Tahoe owners to reliably start their own cars! Does Chevy have any suggestions?

April 22nd, 2006, 6:44 PM   #3  

if u go to the help and suggestion center on the forum main page and read the 2nd post i think every thing raycorri@att.net has posted there should aply to your truck as well.

April 23rd, 2006, 1:49 AM   #4  
CF Active Member

yo try this, when you go to start the truck, the security light will flash and the pump will shut off. leave the key on and if the light keeps flashing just let it sit for about 10 mins till the light stops, this should relearn you ignition. the reason ur heaving this problem is because the magnet inside the ignition pass lock module is junk causing it to send the incorrect info to the pcm

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors