Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2011, 02:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Dead oil pressure gauge, 2005 POS Suburban

Just to add to the laundry list of things gone wrong with my POS Chevrolet Suburban with only 50k miles, now the oil pressure gauge shows zero constantly. Since my wife drives it usually and not me it's had quite a few miles on it and mostly likely DOES have oil pressure, just a broken gauge. I'm guessing the sender unit. Anyone know where this is located exactly? This is the 3/4 ton 8.1L engine.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:14 PM
CF Junior Member

23 views and nobody knows.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Administrator

The 2500 version is fairly rare so not a lot of folks will be knowledgeable on it. Oil senders are typically either near the filter or at the back of the block.
2010 Sheer Silver Tahoe LTZ (all options but sunroof, power boards), GM (body color flaps, rear console, 3rd row mat, 2-Way Remote, chrome gas door, Esky rack), Eagle Eye LED tails, SLP dual tip exhaust, Silver bow-ties/rear wiper, Catch-All mats, AlphaTherm washer fluid heater, Putco chrome mirror covers, silver calipers, board chrome trim, tint, GMPP Major Guard

2007 Black Tahoe LTZ (Sold),
(GM flaps-$15, Lund Step Tubes-$80-For Sale)
Old 05-25-2011, 10:29 AM
CF Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
The 2500 version is fairly rare so not a lot of folks will be knowledgeable on it. Oil senders are typically either near the filter or at the back of the block.
I see quite a few of them around here. In fact my bro-in-law has one identical to mine. I believe I have found the location searching other sites, I just need to order one since the dealer is asking a discount price of only $113.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:43 PM
CF Beginner

RockAuto Parts Catalog
Old 05-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

looks like at the top of the block at the rear...number 2 in this picture for the 8liter engine
Attached Thumbnails
Dead oil pressure gauge, 2005 POS Suburban-8liter-oil-jpg  
Old 05-27-2011, 12:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2pro View Post
looks like at the top of the block at the rear...number 2 in this picture for the 8liter engine
Looks like I should be able to hold my 4 year old son by the ankles and drop him back behind the block to reach that. Looking forward too it. Thanks
Old 05-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2pro View Post
Same place as a SBC.
2010 Sheer Silver Tahoe LTZ (all options but sunroof, power boards), GM (body color flaps, rear console, 3rd row mat, 2-Way Remote, chrome gas door, Esky rack), Eagle Eye LED tails, SLP dual tip exhaust, Silver bow-ties/rear wiper, Catch-All mats, AlphaTherm washer fluid heater, Putco chrome mirror covers, silver calipers, board chrome trim, tint, GMPP Major Guard

2007 Black Tahoe LTZ (Sold),
(GM flaps-$15, Lund Step Tubes-$80-For Sale)
Old 11-04-2011, 01:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Seriously, how to you reach this or get access? Anyone have experience? Pretty crazy spot to put anything you may need to replace. I laid up on top of the engine and couldn't even begin to find this thing. Back of the engine is pretty much under the cowl already as it is.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

I can not ever remember doing one on that engine in a truck you may want to verify with the dealer parts department that it is there. I can tell you on the ZO6 Corvette I had to remove the intake to replace it, however the entire back of the engine is under the cowl.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 PM

Tags
02, 05, 2005, 2007, 2500, chevrolet, chevy, dead, dropping, gauge, guage, oil, pressure, suburban, tahoe