Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Tahoe & Suburban
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:42 PM
CF Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 92
Default Driver door clicking squeaking aquard to close

the driver door on my 2010 tahoe seems to have a weird problem with the driver door that started out as a squeak when about halfway closed when shutting it. i took it to the dealer last november and they could not duplicate the issue because it would only be once in a wile. they lubricated the hinges and since then it seemed fine for awile and now is making a "thud" when the door is about halfway open. its noticable that a few people have noticed it on my truck. it seems to be getting worse every day but the door still locks into place and does not rub anywhere. could it be possible the hinges have become worn on such a new truck?
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Official GM Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,499
GMLouisFischer
Default

There is the possibility there is an issue with the vehicle. I would suggest having it taken back in and if they are unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle contact me and I'll get you setup with our Customer Assistance team to see what we can do for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-12-2011, 07:59 PM
CF Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badOHtenTAHOE View Post
the driver door on my 2010 tahoe seems to have a weird problem with the driver door that started out as a squeak when about halfway closed when shutting it. i took it to the dealer last november and they could not duplicate the issue because it would only be once in a wile. they lubricated the hinges and since then it seemed fine for awile and now is making a "thud" when the door is about halfway open. its noticable that a few people have noticed it on my truck. it seems to be getting worse every day but the door still locks into place and does not rub anywhere. could it be possible the hinges have become worn on such a new truck?
I have a similar, if not the same issue with my '07 Tahoe. Same problem with my drivers side door. It does not do it all the time, and sometimes it is worse then others. I notice it more when it is hot and humid, or cold outside. It was really bad this winter before the weather started to get warmer. In fact, sometimes it feels like the door is actually harder to close when this occurs. Nothing else is effected by this, but it is rather annoying. I really believe this is an issue with the hinges.

I have an appointment for my Tahoe next week at my local dealer to fix some other minor issues including this one. When I went to make my appointment the service guy told me it may just need some grease, and is a common issue to occur. Seems rather odd that a 40+ thousand dollar vehicle would have this type of an issue. Sometimes I think I am getting in and out of our '89 Chevy G10 van, not my 2007 Tahoe. It is almost embarrassing when I open or close the door.....

I will let you know how it goes, and I would appreciate it if you find anything out to please let me know.

I feel, or rather hear your pain!!
__________________

2007 Tahoe LT3 - Amber Bronze
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Official GM Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,499
GMLouisFischer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyFreak View Post
I have a similar, if not the same issue with my '07 Tahoe. Same problem with my drivers side door. It does not do it all the time, and sometimes it is worse then others. I notice it more when it is hot and humid, or cold outside. It was really bad this winter before the weather started to get warmer. In fact, sometimes it feels like the door is actually harder to close when this occurs. Nothing else is effected by this, but it is rather annoying. I really believe this is an issue with the hinges.

I have an appointment for my Tahoe next week at my local dealer to fix some other minor issues including this one. When I went to make my appointment the service guy told me it may just need some grease, and is a common issue to occur. Seems rather odd that a 40+ thousand dollar vehicle would have this type of an issue. Sometimes I think I am getting in and out of our '89 Chevy G10 van, not my 2007 Tahoe. It is almost embarrassing when I open or close the door.....

I will let you know how it goes, and I would appreciate it if you find anything out to please let me know.

I feel, or rather hear your pain!!
ChevyFreak,

Did you get the issue with your hinges taken care of? If you have been to the dealership and the issue is still reoccurring, please private message me with your information so I can forward it along to get looked at.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Assistance
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-19-2011, 04:38 PM
CF Active Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service View Post
ChevyFreak,

Did you get the issue with your hinges taken care of? If you have been to the dealership and the issue is still reoccurring, please private message me with your information so I can forward it along to get looked at.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Assistance
I got the Tahoe back from the dealer today. Below I have quoted the dealership, so don't ask me to clarify. I am no mechanic The problem has lessoned, but I will have to see the full extent of this "fix" after getting in and out of the vehicle over the next week or so.

"Customer stated driver door squeaks when opening and closing: Hinge roller seized and attempt to free and lube. Roller and lube, still squeaks slightly, suggest owner work hinge and may require hinge replacement."

Not exactly solving the issue, but we will see. badOHtenTAHOE, maybe this can help get you started on the right track for a fix for your Tahoe door squeak.
__________________

2007 Tahoe LT3 - Amber Bronze
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-19-2011, 05:03 PM
in2pro's Avatar
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,102
Default

I hit my hinges and latches with spray can of white lithium grease every couple of months... I think if you do the level II maintenance at your dealer they also lube these points...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 PM
in2pro's Avatar
Administrator
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 6,102
Default

Yep, according to this snip I found, Level II maintenance does do body component lube.... I found this out at a previous servicing I had done when I popped the hood to check that they did put the oil cap back on I noticed the hood latch was freshly lubed....

Yes after servicing at the dealer I do a full walk around checking all tires for lug nuts and valve stem caps, check under the hood for all caps back in place and check that the crank case has oil in it....Yes I trust my dealership but everyone makes mistakes and its YOUR mistake once you drive it off the lot....
Attached Thumbnails
Driver door clicking squeaking aquard to close-capture-jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Official GM Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,499
GMLouisFischer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyFreak View Post
I got the Tahoe back from the dealer today. Below I have quoted the dealership, so don't ask me to clarify. I am no mechanic The problem has lessoned, but I will have to see the full extent of this "fix" after getting in and out of the vehicle over the next week or so.

"Customer stated driver door squeaks when opening and closing: Hinge roller seized and attempt to free and lube. Roller and lube, still squeaks slightly, suggest owner work hinge and may require hinge replacement."

Not exactly solving the issue, but we will see. badOHtenTAHOE, maybe this can help get you started on the right track for a fix for your Tahoe door squeak.
Glad to see you got into the dealership. Please keep me updated with this issue. If it does occur again within the next week or so, please contact me again so I can set up a case for you.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-21-2013, 11:42 PM
warf1955's Avatar
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scottsboro,AL
Posts: 7
Default

ck your hinges if it is like my 97 the hinges are welded on. I am not a mech but yours is probably like mine the pin and bushing are wore out. Will post my problem in a thread as I do not want to mess yours up. But here is how to ck it. Open the door with window down lift the end with the handle on it and watch the door next to the body. If it moves up and down you need new hing pins and bushings. At the dealership these will run you a little over $50. Go to Auto zone and get them for around $10 (after market) these prices are on a 97 model.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Chewyust's Avatar
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Angry Same Issue 2008 Suburban

I have the same issue with my used Suburban I purchased from a Chevy Dealer this summer. When I was in getting the awful tires filled for the 5th time in 5 months, I had them take a look at it. Their response was to quote me $360.00 to fix a bad "door link". I then ended up paying them $64 for having to take the door off and put it back on when I told them I wasn't going to pay $360.00. I agree with the post above about the embarrassment of the sound getting in and out every day.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:38 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2007, door, drivers, gm, hinge, oil, open, roller, rollers, squeak, squeaking, squeeky, suburban, tahoe, truck, unseize


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Join Chevroletforum
Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Our Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.

Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.

Emails Backup