Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

05 Tahoe LTZ Electrical issues Oh ah

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2016, 3:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Tahoe LTZ Electrical issues Oh ah

Ok very new to the forum. Scratching my head on this one. 05 Tahoe LTZ 212,000 miles. Was running great till the other day. I found out it had an astrostart in it. I pulled the module down got the model which is the 2205U ordered a remote for it programmed it good to go. Wife happy me happy life is good. Saturday I noticed a wire disconnected from the astrostart. So I went to pull the module out and while I was doing so, the horn started going off continuously with out stopping. Had to disconnect the battery, I Checked all the astrostart wires they are all soldered and correctly installed, I Found one wire up by the ignition that was bare where it was soldered. Maybe shorted out on the column. I don't know. All I know is now I have the service 4x4 on the dash, the vehicle will not start. and when the astrostart module is connected the horn blares as soon as I switch the key on. If I disconnect the astrostart the horn does not blare but when I got to start it the lights flash on and off while the key is in start position.

I hooked up a scanner and found it would not connect to the PCM, I replaced the Cig lighter fuse and got a connection. Codes coming up are U1000 Class 2 data link malfunction, C0379 front axle circuit malfunction, and code B0790 Transfer case neutral indicator circuit. Now I have not had any issues regarding the 4x4 prior to this problem. I'm at a loss here. Any idea from you knowledgable folks? Any ideas on what I may have fried?

Thanks in advance