Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1999 Tahoe Electrical Diagram Needed

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2010, 10:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Tahoe Electrical Diagram Needed

Anyone have a link to an electrical manual for our trucks? I have a '99 LT 5.7L.

I keep hearing a "clicking" noise coming from my inside fuse box when I start the truck. I looked under the dash and I can see a couple of splices which I think were made when the PO installed a VIPER alarm.

I have a few electrical glitches. Dome light override worked fine until I pulled the fuse for my daytime running lights. 4X4 indicator light switch works intermittently. 4X4 works correctly when I hit the switch but the indicator lights go on off. They usually won't stay on.

Not sure if any of this is related to the clicking I hear at the fuse box but thought I'd mention it in case anyone knows what's going on.

If anyone has the link or a page of the fuse box cartoon, please post.

Thanks!
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I doubt anyone will have that much info posted you may consider checking Ebay for service manuals for your vehicle, you can find paper back manuals as well as electronic service manuals on DVD... Helm publications may still have the original new manuals also....

try this link, I have this manual for my 2007 Tahoe and also covers the 1999 model.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...ht_2886wt_1161
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:35 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Manuals

I got one of those manuals...

it's Windows XP pro SP3, with a bad serial number loaded inside a VMware box...
wrapped with a compression / install tool... loaded with start killer.exe to remove the start button, and some apps to fake that an ISO on the HDD of 10GB or whatever is actually a DVD in the drive...

they couldn't pirate the manual, so they VM'd the whole machine... neat idea but waste of 2GB and making it look 'odd' by using windows themes... c'mon... my 15 year old sister has more class...

But, as for the manuals, they are good...

I would have spent more time just trying to crack the manual program... which.... is a java app that launches a web host on your local machine that you browse to... with IE6 i think inside that VM ware box.

But hey; what do I know with my own computer repair company, 2 degrees and a full time job in IT?
Old September 9th, 2010, 6:02 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
I got one of those manuals...

it's Windows XP pro SP3, with a bad serial number loaded inside a VMware box...
wrapped with a compression / install tool... loaded with start killer.exe to remove the start button, and some apps to fake that an ISO on the HDD of 10GB or whatever is actually a DVD in the drive...

they couldn't pirate the manual, so they VM'd the whole machine... neat idea but waste of 2GB and making it look 'odd' by using windows themes... c'mon... my 15 year old sister has more class...

But, as for the manuals, they are good...

I would have spent more time just trying to crack the manual program... which.... is a java app that launches a web host on your local machine that you browse to... with IE6 i think inside that VM ware box.

But hey; what do I know with my own computer repair company, 2 degrees and a full time job in IT?
??????
Old September 9th, 2010, 6:10 AM
CF Beginner

"Clicking" is actually coming from what I believe is the TCCM (small stainless box under the dash with 9-pin connector). Of course, this opens up another can of worms.

I love this truck but I'm now out $1600 and counting bringing it back up to specs!!!!!

Looks like PO had the Viper in it with a decent sound system. I found what looks like a Sirius box plug-in cord dangling down there. It appears he pulled out the head unit and FUBAR'd the wiring.

VIPER key fob just stopped locking / unlocking doors. I figured out how this VIPER is programmed and tried to reset but fob still won't work.

Now, three problems exist:

1) 4X4 indicators light works intermittently.
2) Clicking at TCCM (when it doesn't click - indicator lights work. 4X4 still engages with or without clicks.
3) F'd up VIPER / wiring won't open/ close locks.

Can anyone tell me what wires come from the door locks to the VIPER "brain" under the dash?

Any other help greatly appreciated.
Old September 9th, 2010, 10:02 AM
CF Beginner

Figured out the VIPER issue. Connector to the "antenna" actuating door locks had poor contact. Got the locks to work with VIPER fob. Discovered remote start feature was intact and that works too!

If anyone can shed some light on the TCCM and the indicator light switch issue, many thanks. Cheapest I could find a TCCM for under the dash was $210. Looks like the switch is around $40.

Any way to tell whch one i need? I don't know how to pull the codes with the "jumper" method (unless anyone has a link).
Old September 9th, 2010, 4:33 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

On the 99 model you can't use the jumper method you will need a code reader..
Harbor Freight usually has the basic reader for under $40.
Most auto parts stores will read the codes for free for you...
codes can sometimes be erroneous if you have had electrical issues, I'd have them read, clear them out and see which ones return...
Old September 10th, 2010, 9:29 AM
CF Beginner

Tried that. AZ code reader shows no codes. My buddy owns a shop and he has the better code reader with all the updates. I'll see if he can find anything.