Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Radio problems

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2007, 2:31 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Radio problems

Was the radio programmed properly via Tech-2 and SiS?
Old December 12th, 2007, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK Sorry, now you're getting too high tech for me, I don't know what Tech-2 or SiS is. I assume that is adealer only service (the programming). But, I have only had the truck for about 4 months. The radio and all speakers were working fine, until one day (2 months after I bought it)the audio would start to cut out. It is intermittent. On the way to work this morning, the audio worked for about half the drive and dead the rest. The audio for the rear did also work when the rest of the audio was working. One day it works, the next it doesn't.... grrrr!!!
Old December 13th, 2007, 12:19 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It has got to be a loose connection somewhere, the amp connectors are most commonly the cuplrit.
Old December 13th, 2007, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

ZX - TX again.

Tomorrow I am bringing it inside the shop at work (it is freezing here), and I will do all the checks you mentioned as well as check all the connections for any loose wires. I wil keep you posted.

TX
Marc
Old December 17th, 2007, 11:56 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem in my 1999 tahoe. Where do you think the loose connection is on the amplifier? where should i look to find it? Thanks
Old January 9th, 2008, 10:15 PM
CF Beginner

Ijust had a similar problem with 99 suburban. I have installed clarion deck but all of sudden no sound would come from any speakers. I switched the deck with factory unit and still no sound. I wiggled amp plug with no result. I removed the harness from the back of the stereo and found that the right rear speaker wires were shorted to the body of truck. The rear speaker wires on my model go from the stereo to the factory amp so removed amp plug and checked again and still was shorted. I cut the right rear speaker wires both on the factory amp side and the stereo side and ran new wire which corrected the problem.

If one of the speakers is shorted to the body, sound will not come out of any speaker. Although stereo will turn on. Check your wiring diagram for the speaker wire colors and check for continuity between them and ground using an ohmmeter at the harness behind stereo and then trace from there.
Old April 11th, 2014, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2004 Chevy Suburban Z71 with the Bose factory system and have the same issue. I haven't been able to check anything on it. I wanted to see where do I start? My truck has no sound, and it keeps marking to check the tire monitor and air bag.

Last edited by ngranados; April 11th, 2014 at 5:13 PM.
Old May 4th, 2014, 8:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default 04 Tahoe Z71 Radio Problem

Occassionally, when I get in my 04 Tahoe Z71 (Bose) the radio will not produce sound although it will appear to be working fine. There is a clicking noise that I hear from the front driver corner of the dash that is very cyclic about once per second. If I hear that sound, the radio will not produce sound. Sometimes I can turn off the truck, open the door, remove the key, fiddle with the memory seats, and then turn it back on and it will start working. Other times when that doesn't work, it may spontaneously come on after several minutes. It seems worse when it is warm or hot out. I suspect something with the amp but thought I would check with the forum...

Thanks.
Silence is Not Golden...
Old October 26th, 2014, 9:41 AM
CF Beginner

I have a problem putting a new system in my 98 Tahoe what color are the amp wire's there are 3 big red wires and 2 big black wires are those for the amp
Old July 23rd, 2015, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

I recently changed factory head unit with cheap dual brand head unit everything was workin fine till tuner went out then changed dual head unit with jvc the 04 Tahoe has Bose system in it now door speakers wanna pop an crackle an never did with dual only when I changed to jvc any suggestions got me stumped

Quick Reply: Radio problems