Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rust spots ONLY on 07 Tahoe door molding???

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2013, 2:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 chevy Tahoe

Just thought I would post a picture of my passenger side doors they are starting to do the same thing that my drivers door has done.
Attached Thumbnails Rust spots ONLY on 07 Tahoe door molding???-img_1610.jpg  
Old August 22nd, 2013, 4:43 PM
CF Beginner

My tahoe is doing the same thing. This is not rust though. These parts are cheap plastic just like the dash boards are. The sun is deteriorating the paint and plastic. Just another wonderful problem with these trucks.
Old May 21st, 2014, 10:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue

I also have the same problem and I have seen it on other burbs too. But only on pewter colored cars. Took it to dealer and they said it wasn't covered. after calling Chevy customer service about 5 times they finally said that it was a defect in that color/molding for that year. However.....they still will not pay to fix... Anyone else having same issue?
Old May 23rd, 2014, 11:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default Side trim rust

Mine as well looks like rust but don't want to try and fix until sure of exact problem. I'd just make it worst by shooting in the dark
Old July 7th, 2014, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default Why

I have had my Tahoe since '08. My only complaint at this time is the spots on both sides of my car. I think that this is terrible. You make a car then use materials that don't last then you say there is nothing that can be done about it. My husband just bought a silverado last year. We love Chevy vehicles but I would have to agree that if you don't care enough to use good parts then I can no longer be loyal to Chevy any longer.
Old July 7th, 2014, 4:35 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlee81
I have had my Tahoe since '08. My only complaint at this time is the spots on both sides of my car. I think that this is terrible. You make a car then use materials that don't last then you say there is nothing that can be done about it. My husband just bought a silverado last year. We love Chevy vehicles but I would have to agree that if you don't care enough to use good parts then I can no longer be loyal to Chevy any longer.
Hi Mlee81! It's good to hear that overall you've enjoyed your Tahoe, however I'm sorry to hear about the spots on your vehicle. We definitely don't want this to affect your loyalty to the brand. If there's anything we can do to help with your concerns please let us know.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 7th, 2014, 7:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlee81

METAL RUSTS!!!!!

Where do you live? In the snow belt? That is to be expected.

I was doing body work on a 1987 car in 1992 to get rid of the rust while in the snow belt. Lots of salt used every winter.
Old July 8th, 2014, 5:25 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jobolin1
I also have the same problem and I have seen it on other burbs too. But only on pewter colored cars. Took it to dealer and they said it wasn't covered. after calling Chevy customer service about 5 times they finally said that it was a defect in that color/molding for that year. However.....they still will not pay to fix... Anyone else having same issue?
I have a 2007 with the Pewter and the same issue. Too bad as the rest of the truck looks good and that looks like crap.
Old July 8th, 2014, 7:50 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello,

We are sorry to hear you are also experiencing this rust concern. If you would like us to get you in contact with your local dealership, we would be happy to assist. We cannot, however, guarantee that cost assistance will be provided for repairs.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by UNDERSCORE
I have a 2007 with the Pewter and the same issue. Too bad as the rest of the truck looks good and that looks like crap.
Old July 9th, 2014, 11:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello,

We are sorry to hear you are also experiencing this rust concern. If you would like us to get you in contact with your local dealership, we would be happy to assist. We cannot, however, guarantee that cost assistance will be provided for repairs.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Jessica,

I appreciate the offer to help but I know what the outcome is going to be.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Rust spots ONLY on 07 Tahoe door molding???