Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

common problem in kuwait Tahoes

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2010, 3:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default common problem in kuwait Tahoes

Hi All,
I am new in this site, I’m from Kuwait and we have in here two much commended problem in our Tahoe’s:
1- The SUV shiver when we reach 80 km +: although we did allot of balancing and we changed our tires but the problem won`t go.<O></O>
2- There is string vibration from the engine in the speed rang of 110-130 km: just like the vibration that you get from turning on the AC only it’s because of the gear shifting down and up with vibration.<O></O>
<O></O>
We (6 and more tahoes still the count going up) did go to the dealer and he couldn`t fix the problem?!?! Or they don`t know whets is the problem
Any information about any of the two problems would help <O
Thank you <O
<O
Best regards

Anan
Old February 15th, 2010, 2:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What brand tires are ya'll running?
Old February 15th, 2010, 4:29 PM
CF Active Member

So does this only happen during shifting? Am I understanding you correctly? Have you checked your u-joints?
Old February 16th, 2010, 9:00 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Anan: Welcome to the forum.
Old February 17th, 2010, 1:35 AM
CF Beginner

Tires are Goodyear <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

U-joints? Can you explain more please? <o></o>
oh , not only in shifting it feel like shifting up n down (with no RPM change, u know when you shift down higher Rpm then up lower Rpm, but its only the feeling ,,ooommm ummmm oooomm ummmm > this is the best i can do to explain it lol ) but I don`t know what’s happening exactly<o></o>
Old February 17th, 2010, 2:38 AM
CF Active Member

When you say shiver, do you mean a small vibration or do you mean a nasty horrible vibration? Is there a humming noise during this vibration? The u-joints are located on the ends of your driveshaft (the rod that goes from the transmission to the differential). CHOCK BLOCK your truck and put the E-BRAKE on then put the transmission in neutral. Get underneath the truck and try to twist the driveshaft right and then left. Do you hear a clunk or do you notice play in your u-joints? You might also hear the clunk/knock when you put the truck into gear (reverse then drive, then reverse, etc). Look up a picture of u-joints in the internet to try to locate it underneath your truck. Is your truck manual or automatic?
Old February 17th, 2010, 11:30 AM
CF Junior Member

wow this one is good. u-joints are a good check. + 1 on that. also check your fuel pressure. maybe your getting a different kind of gas in the car than it was made for. since there isnt that much of a problem here in the us maybe something happen in shipment like rats eating wires or something along those lines. do you have a check engine light?
Old February 18th, 2010, 7:39 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you aware of the engine's cylinder deactivation mode? Your speeds indicated are right in the range where the engine will switch in and out from 4-8 cylinders, especially if it's flat terrain. The engine will only stay in V4 mode for around 30 seconds at a time. You can definitely hear a different drone as the engine switches in and out of V8 and V4 modes.
Old February 18th, 2010, 7:56 AM
CF Junior Member

good one hardin i didnt think of that one. i havent drove one that has that so im not sure what it feels like but it makes sence.
Old February 19th, 2010, 3:30 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

The AFM doesn't really have a feel as much as slight change in exhaust tone. I've described as a muffled Jake brake soiund.

HT: ZX said that the engine could stay in the V4 mode up to ten minutes but then had to switch back to V8 to equalize cooling. I've never been able to find a place where I could go downhill for ten minutes tho.

Quick Reply: common problem in kuwait Tahoes