Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Batt. Charging Message

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2012, 1:00 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> AZCardsAndIndyColtsFan,

Pressing the A/C button when the outside temperature is too cool for air conditioning will make the air conditioning indicator flash three times and then turn off to let you know the air conditioning mode is not available. If the air conditioning is on and the outside temperature drops below a temperature which is too cool for air conditioning to be effective, the air conditioning light will turn off to let you know the air conditioning mode has been canceled.

Another possibility, the A/C indicator light will flash if the system detects a low refrigerant level. There may be a leak in the a/c lines or the compressor.

Please keep us posted of the results of your dealer visit.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 20th, 2012, 2:48 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by DBoy
Okaaa, I found out today that the softwear has infact been updated. Are there any other reasons that this may be happening I got a new battery a few weeks ago, and have had it checked out bye 2 different Chevrolet service and Firestone. 1 Chevy said they could'nt find anything wrong and everything checks out ok. The 2nd said it's the "Altenator". Firestone could'nt find anything because the message never came on while they were running tests on it, nor when they drove it.

That is how its been... the message (Service Battery Charging System), comes and goes. It only comes on every now and then, 2 - 3mins at a time. Yesterday it came on 3 different times, and today 0, none.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

best regards,

DBoy
Does this happen at idle? If so, get a cheaap voltmeter, and see what the charging voltage is. It could be the alternator as the voltage regulator is internal. It also could be an intermittent problem with a diode. With the light on, check battery voltage, hopefully when you check it, the light will at some point go out. Look at the voltage difference, if it is higher when the light is out, I'd call alternator. Some auto part places can check them, however if this is an intermittent problem it may check good. You will have to read the voltage when both conditions are present.
Old February 27th, 2013, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the Dealership do the software upgrade to fix the Battery Rundown Service Bulletin issue yesterday (02.26.2013) $110. Today (02.27.2013) my truck has stalled twice while driving, once during a sharp turn where the message "Service Tire Monitor" appeared on the Dash Information Center. And then again, as I was leaving the parking lot of my work. It seems to be idling slightly harder than before now, and jerks when I ease into the gas. Not once has the truck stalled on me until today. What could be the reason for this now? Went from one issue resolved, or so I thought to another. And am Las Vegas bound in a couple of weeks. Will be going to AutoZone later on today to get the Battery & Alternator checked.

Last edited by AZCardsAndIndyColtsFan; February 27th, 2013 at 9:34 AM.
Old June 16th, 2014, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

DBoy, did you ever figure out what was causing this problem. I am having the same thing happen to mine. It may come on once or twice in a day and then nothing again for several days. It only stays on for a few moments up to a minute then turns off. Very random
Old June 16th, 2014, 2:39 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

poongaga Have you removed and cleaned the battery terminal connections?
Old March 23rd, 2015, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default Service charging system

Okay this morning my 08 Tahoe LTZ while filling with gas I had they key turned to on, not running and when I got out of my truck to shut the pump off when I came back the service charging system light was on? Drove it all the way to work 51miles the battery gauge never dropped below 14, Never seen this before granted only have had the truck for 3 months. Could it have to do with the fact that I had everything running while the engine was off? or is something actually wrong? If It comes back on next time i start it going to call onstar and have them do a diagnosis, if it continues will replace the alternator and battery (not sure if the battery is new or not...looked new but now i have my doubts). Any idea's?
Old March 23rd, 2015, 10:57 AM
Administrator

I'd start by removing and cleaning the battery terminals... make sure the top fo the battery is clean as well, as build up on top of the battery can become conductive and slowly drain the battery...go for the easy stuff before throwing money at it
Old March 23rd, 2015, 11:39 AM
CF Beginner

The top of the battery and the terminals are clean...you could eat off the inside of the engine and all the components. Was very impressed by how clean it was when I bought it. But will check again and see in a few minutes if it comes back on when I go out for lunch...wonder if it was just a fluke or what.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Check to see if you can move the battery terminals any by hand, if they can twist side to side the connection could be an issue... the ground is equally important....
Old March 23rd, 2015, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

so went out at lunch and no issue...the message never came back...hope it was just a fluke.

Quick Reply: Service Batt. Charging Message