Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2004 Burb strange fan noise in headliner

Search this Thread

Old March 5th, 2017, 5:15 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Burb strange fan noise in headliner

Hello ..... I have started to hear a strange fan noise in my headliner above the drivers seat. it sounds like its coming from a plastic housing that i assume is the mic for hands free calling but I am not sure if I am right on its function. If I push on that plastic the noise goes away and when I shut the truck off I can hear the fan slow and the noise slows down to a ticking like a fan hitting a playing card and slowing down.

Any ideas?
Old March 5th, 2017, 6:09 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

I believe the thing above your head that looks like a mic has a fan associated with your heater/ac auto system. Our '05 did the same thing and our mechanic got in there and cleaned it; don't think anything needed to be replaced.
Old March 6th, 2017, 6:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednucleus
I believe the thing above your head that looks like a mic has a fan associated with your heater/ac auto system. Our '05 did the same thing and our mechanic got in there and cleaned it; don't think anything needed to be replaced.
Thanks .... I will have to try and get in there and see what I can do.