Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2005 Chevy Suburban 1500 Air Suspension System- I have a battery drain

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2017, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Chevy Suburban 1500 Air Suspension System- I have a battery drain

I recently purchased replacement rear air shocks for my 2005 Suburban along with a Dorman Air Shock Compressor. Prior to replacing the shocks I had replaced the compressor a year ago. A month ago my battery died- I found I had a parasitic drain that I traced to the 30 Amp RTD fuse controlling the system- it was drawing 3 AMPS when I did AMP test- when I pulled the fuse it dropped to near o amps. When I removed the fuse the battery did not drain, so I thought maybe the compressor was bad again- wiring etc so I received a new compressor under warranty and ordered Arnott shocks AS 2715- I installed them fired her up and it worked as it should. Next morning battery is dead again- checked the fuse and it was still drawing over 3 Amps.I removed the relay and the draw was gone so I replaced the relay and I thought that solved my problem but 2 days later the battey is dead! So the only other component that I believe is the culprit on this circuit is the Electronic Suspension Control Module - I don't know where it is located since i cannot find any schematics on line. Has anyone had this problem?