Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

99 Suburban low temp water

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2017, 3:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Suburban low temp water

Could not find this in the other threads. Early year 99 Sburb and the coolant temprature will not get above 130 or so on the gauge. Opened up the radiator cap when warm and ran it for 30 minutes, check it with a digital thermometer and about 130. No leaks anywere and fluid staying up in the resevoir. Done a lot of work on this baby, I assume the thermostat might be stuck open. Gets luke warm in the cabin and finally got cold enough to use heat here in Texas. Any other thoughts? Have seen 2 different aftermarket theromostats. One for like 150 the other for like 180. Need an educated recommendation on which variety? Part number would help me. Thanks in advance for this great site.
Old January 14th, 2017, 3:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

180' is the standard temperature.
Old January 16th, 2017, 6:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect. Was hoping someone would respond to me. I will see what I can find at Auto Zone.
Old January 16th, 2017, 6:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Though we would encourage OEM replacement parts, Auto Zone has always been a reliable and courteous aftermarket supplier.