Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.
Old July 17th, 2015, 12:55 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

cigarette lighter Fuses

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2011, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cigarette lighter Fuses

Hi, My question is related to the cigarette lighter fuse that "controls" the "front-passenger side" cigarette lighter and the "center console for the rear passengers" cigarette lighter, these 2 "cigarette lighter" connections do not work (they used to work, I blew the fuse)
I openned the fuse box and I found that Fuse#53 LTR 20Amps controls only the cigarette lighter on the "front-driver side" (not the other 2). All the rest of the fuses are good. Any ideas???
Happy Holidays.
Old December 28th, 2011, 2:36 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
Might want to double check the fuses on the left side of the IP looks like AUX or AUX fuse 2 should be your culprit
Attached Thumbnails cigarette lighter Fuses-capture1.jpg   cigarette lighter Fuses-capture3.jpg  
Old December 28th, 2011, 6:48 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Also depending on the year, there might be additional fuses under the hood but I doubt that a lighter fuse will be there.
Old December 29th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings mgs welcome to the Forum.

I'm surprised that there wasn't a bigger fuse in that circuit. The elements in those Cig Lighters are probably about 1/4 ohm resistance.
Do you know just how much draw you actually put on that circuit ?
Old January 2nd, 2012, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

Happy New Year!
Sorry guys, I thought I entered the truck info.
It is: Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 2011
Here is the "fuses diagram" from the fuse cover
Old July 23rd, 2014, 10:42 PM
CF Beginner

There are two fuse "boxes". The cigarette lighter on the driver's side is controlled by the fuse box that is located under the hood. The passenger and back seat cigarette lighters are controlled by the fuse box that is located on the drivers side of the dashboard. As you open the drivers door, it is on the side of the dashboard left of the steering wheel.
Old December 16th, 2015, 10:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default Hi my cigarette lighter door lock power and radio went out

My Chevy Tahoe 96 I don't know what to do the power to the door lock won't work neither do the power to check the engine light or the cigarette lighter an radio I already change all the fuse under the hood IDK what else to do
Old March 18th, 2016, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fuse Numbers

Originally Posted by 05TahoeGirl
There are two fuse "boxes". The cigarette lighter on the driver's side is controlled by the fuse box that is located under the hood. The passenger and back seat cigarette lighters are controlled by the fuse box that is located on the drivers side of the dashboard. As you open the drivers door, it is on the side of the dashboard left of the steering wheel.
Would you happen to know which fuses (fuse numbers) are for the front passenger cigarette lighter and the back cigarette lighter? None of my outlets work, I changed the fuse for the front driver and it's working again, but I don't know the fuse number for the other two located in the drive side dash fuse box. Can you help me out please ma'am?
Old July 8th, 2017, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

In the 04 Suburban, both the Cig lighter and Aux fuses are in the engine compartment fuse box.
Old July 3rd, 2018, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default Dash cig lighter 2015 3500 silverado

I cannot find the fuse that has blown to take power out of my in dash Cigarrette lighter port. My 110 outlets still works perfect the cigarrette lighter in the glove Box still works perfect. But I cannot find the fuse for the in dash

Gary

Quick Reply: cigarette lighter Fuses