Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

2004 Tracker 2.5L Cutting Out when warm

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2016, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Tracker 2.5L Cutting Out when warm

Hope someone has some ideas. I have a 2004 2.5L tracker with 240,000 KM and it seems to cut out when it is warmed up like you turn the key on and off really fast. I am not getting any codes and I took it to a garage and no codes there either. Mechanic thinks a module under the dash must be the problem but do not see anything obvious. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem before??
Old April 16th, 2016, 6:18 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

A loose connection somewhere or possibly a damaged wire. Does it only do it after it is warmed up?
Old April 19th, 2016, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2004 Tracker 2.5L Issue

Cuts out only when up to operating temperature runs fine when cold, could not find any obvious wiring issues seems a bit worse at idle but will still cutout at normal speeds, cuts out like turning the key on and off really fast.
Old May 4th, 2016, 9:45 AM
CF Beginner

Ended up taking this to a shop and the PCM was the problem, opened up the old one and there was all kinds of corrosion, even though it is under the glove box there must be lots of moisture in there. Going to take a closer look to make sure there are no leaks from the A/C system as well that would cause some of this. Hope this helps someone else out if they are having intermittent electrical issues with a Chevy Tracker.