Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

Strut bolt nightmare!!!!

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2016, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strut bolt nightmare!!!!

I have a 2002 Tracker ZR2, and I'm attempting to take out some rusted strut bolts to replace the front struts. I got an upper off on one side and a lower off on the other. The other two bolts have snapped off flush with the strut, and they aren't budging... I have tried punches, I have tried Seafoam deep creep spray, and I'm actively trying to get an easy out to spin it, because I think it'll punch out if I can break the corrosion. I have a torch and have been trying to heat the knuckle, but I don't know if I am not doing it long enough, or if it's just not helping. I'm at a loss at this point. I know the corrosion is in the knuckle because the strut can move if I pull the other bolt out. Any ideas please!!
Old March 2nd, 2016, 1:54 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

I would drill it out. Leave enough bolt so as not to damage the threads. When you get it real close us a tap to get the rest out.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are no threads to worry about, it slides in and tightens down with a nut on the other side! I'm nearly through one of them.