TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

cigarette light issues

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2009, 8:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cigarette light issues

Got a problem. GPS. Cellphone and anything else that fits the socket.

At one time, the cigarette light fuse blew. replace the one under the rear seat. under hood was fine. cigarette light worked fine. now for some reason. when we plug anything it. nothing works. when we plug the cellphone charger in (the light on the cord comes on) but its not charging the phone. when we plug the GPS in, (the light on its cord comes on) but the GPS wont charge.. I put these same items in my car and everything works fine. charges and everything. But when I put them in the trailblazer nothing works. the fuses are not blown. is there something else going on???
Old May 24th, 2009, 2:39 AM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Might want to clean the receptacle. Sometimes a buildup of dust, dirt, or residual ash can cause a bad ground between receptacle and whats plugged into it.
Old July 8th, 2009, 2:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check the fuse under the hood again. I had the same problem and that fuse was blown
Old July 8th, 2009, 5:16 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah do both as stated above.

could be that transient signals are enough to light the LED-- but not enough to charge.
On my TB - I had a broblem with the tow hitch connector- the left blinkers would not light.
Though when It blinked on the rt-- that worked-- but the left--- lit up very faintly--- eventhough it should not have...
Turns out the pin was bent under the connector...
the moral is that the LEDS on the left only had ground- and signal for park lamps..
yet they lit up faintly when the right were blinking,
somehow those LEDS were getting transient signal thru the other proper connections...
in your case- the blown fuse-- is not allowing a charge--- but transient weak signals are enough to light up the LEDs
Old July 8th, 2009, 8:11 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

A partially blown fuse under the right circumstances can cause that too.
Just enough heat to weaken/partially melt the fuse but not cause it to completely part company.