TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Messed up brakes

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2019, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Messed up brakes

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm new to fixing my own car and I think I messed up.
I have a chevy Trailblazer 2007 LS 4wd with 200k miles I drive a lot maybe 5 or 6 hours a day and I love my truck and would like to keep it longer.
I installed new rotors and pads from autozone 6 months ago, everything was working great until I needed new pads after 5 months. This time I got new pads from Advance auto parts and I kept the same rotors bcz they were still good. Only 5 days later my brakes started pulsing, I can feel the pedal pulsing and steering vibration so I went and bought new rotors from Advance and kept the same almost new pads. It worked great but 1 week later the pulsing is back and it's getting worst.I'm now confused there's so many possibilities It could be the brake pads are causing the rotors to wrap for some reason, it could also be that I tightened lug nut so much, or my brake lines and caliper are bad.
I dunno where to start please any suggestion is very much appreciated.
Old July 31st, 2019, 4:42 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

I would definitely check the rotors and flexible fluid lines to the front wheels.
The following users liked this post:
hich.usa (August 1st, 2019)