TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2005 Trailblazer issues 4x4, idling, washer pumps.

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2017, 12:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Trailblazer issues 4x4, idling, washer pumps.

Ok so tonight i used my dad's snap on scanner to check why my dome lights stay on and came to the conclusion that the liftgate module is not communicating for some reason, after spending a hour reading through this forum i know now what to look for so thank you guys!

But I am having other problems.... My washer fluid has not worked in about a year it started with just the front washer fluid and now the rear isnt working either. I have replaced both pumps, i have blown out the hoses with a air compressor I have changed the module under the hood in the fuse panel and still nothing!! I hit the switch and no noise what so ever is coming from the pumps.

Next now that it is artic outside when i start the truck in the morning i get a strange deep whining sound coming from under the hood, my gages start off very low for the oil pressure and battery like a quarter of the way up they stay there for about a minute then they both go over the half mark and go to 3/4 of the way and stay there until the vehicle is completely warmed up.

I just replaced my radiator tonight and noticed when i had it sitting there idling it was all over the place it would idle really fast for a minute and then would go back to normal and it would keep repeating this over and over again. there is no check engine light on at all, there was a couple codes stored that had to do with the map sensor circuit being out of range and a couple for the o2 sensor but nothing to figure this one out.

next..... We had put the truck in 4x4 during the first snowfall here and when we shifted into 2nd gear a grinding clunking noise came from the passenger tire. we switched it back into 2wd and it sounded like we were riding in a airplane.. My husband looked and the axle was still engaged. he finally got it to release by switching it back and forth between 4x4 and 2wd.. Now my question is do I have to replace my transfer case? or is this like a computer issue? or ........