TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

New to forum

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2016, 6:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum

Hi all. I just brought home a stray 2008 Trailblazer LT 5.3 with 111k miles on it. It seems like it was well maintained, and is clean. Retail black and silver w/ebony leather, It's pretty much loaded including Navigation and chrome 17" wheels with the trailering package.
I am the second owner and have the owner's manuals.
The obvious questions apply, like what can I expect from the LH6 M code down the line and what maintenance should I be looking to perform right away?
I have seen the usual scary stuff online and all the bashing associated with the 5.3. Probably disenchanted Ford, Dodge, or Toyota guys.
I'm new to this forum, but have owned a 2000 Blazer for 13 years which I traded towards this purchase.
Thanks in advance for any advice or comments.
Old September 8th, 2016, 6:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since no comments for almost a week, I thought I'd add to my original post.
I'm also a member on a first gen Camaro site where I posted the same question about the 5.3 LS engine. Over there the members are saying that that engine should be good for at least another 100K miles if maintained properly. Being curious, I don't see much mention of the TB non-SS 8 cylinders here. Are they that rare?
One thing that I'm playing around with on my "new to me" TB is the tire monitoring system. I have the constant tire underinflated icon light showing as well as the message in the DIC scroll above the steering column. I tried the system check outlined in the owner's manual. Turn lights on off 4 times, horn sounds, then deflate LF tire until horn beeps once and repeat all around to LR. Well when I got to the LR there was no horn beep to stop. I'm thinking this may be the tire with the bad sensor. Probably the battery is shot, or all batteries need changing. I did notice that before beginning the test, the DIC showed the tires out of sequence. LF showed first, then LR, then RR and then "-- -- ". I guessing the tires were rotated and the system was not reset.
Anyone have a comment on this?