TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

No Brake Lights on a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2016, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Brake Lights on a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer

Hello Everyone. I need some direction on how to proceed. My brake lights don't work. Top center still works.
All directional and regular lights, including hazards (which are the brake light bulbs) are working properly.
I've tried replacing bulbs: No Change. Circuit boards: Then no lights came on and put the old ones back on and they work.
I checked fuses under hood and inside suv: everything normal. Had Stop Light Switch replaced but no response. Now,
this is where I'm at: The local parts store manager said that a possible reason may be that the new Stop Light Switch
may actually be the right part to correct the lights but that since there is an electric pedal adjuster on my vehicle; that
there may be a need to take the suv to a mechanic who has a computer to get the vehicle to 'relearn' how to work the brake light.
Are there any other suggestions? Is is possible to get the lights 'back on line' without using an auto computer to reboot my suv's
brake light system? Thanks, Angela
Old September 7th, 2016, 12:14 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

There was a recall on the Trailblazer in regards to the circuit boards for the taillights. When I had an 03 Trailblazer we had them changed as part of the recall because the bulbs kept going out. The new circuit boards helped but didn't solve the problem. I would guess that your problem is in the circuit boards or wiring to them.