Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2011 Travers - Wipers don't work alone; do with washer. Help?

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2015, 10:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Travers - Wipers don't work alone; do with washer. Help?

I bought a 2011 Traverse for my wife in 2013. Over the past month a lot of inconvenient problems started at separate times: heat and a/c not directed to the vents; power windows working intermittently; etc. We can't afford to take the vehicle to the dealer for each of these. :/ We bought it used from a different manufacturer dealership, and I don't think we have any warranty.

Today's new problem actually could be a safety issue rather than an inconvenience: the front wipers stopped working. She just called me and told me that if she does the washer, the wipers move. However, the wipers do not operate without doing the washing fluid. I told her to just keep washing until we figure this out.

Googling hasn't yielded any results; apparently more people have the opposite issue (wipers work; washer doesn't).

Can anyone make a suggestion of what to look at? I'm not a mechanic, but I have a garage and a small assortment of tools.