Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2006 uplander stalling to start

Search this Thread

Old April 2nd, 2014, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 uplander stalling to start

Ok do I just purchased this van the other day (no warrenty)cranked with no problems.The next morning when I went to start it up it turned over radio light everything came on but it didn't start .I did it 2 more times then it finally hit.It does it atleast 2 times out of the day.Im just trying to see if anyone else has had this problem also my gas gadge goes to empty sometimes when I know it's more than enough gas in it.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 4:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1- So the engine cranked but didn't start or didn't make any starting noises other than a click? Click but no turn over but then starts after a couple of tries could be starter starting to fail. If it turns over but doesn't start, could be a bunch of things - low fuel pressure from failing pump, failing crankshaft position sensor, clogged fuel filter. How many miles?

2- Fuel gauge could be sending unit - part of fuel pump inside tank - some people say that if its not too far gone a couple of bottles of techron will clean the sulfur off of it and make it work properly. Also on these: there's a connector under the drivers seat that sometimes gets corroded. Might want to check or clean that as well.. It carries the wiring for the fuel pump and gauge. Since its intermittent its worth a try....
Old April 3rd, 2014, 5:13 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My gas gauge shows too low if I park on a hill. You will have to be more specific than saying "sometimes" the gauge is off ....

Check all connections on battery, starter etc to be sure all connections are tight.

Read some of the posts here re: loose nuts & bolts on electrical junctions causing various symptoms.