Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

bad gas mileage?

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2022, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad gas mileage?

so i bought this thing last yr march. didn't actually get it on the road til now. when i bought it on test drive check engine on, abs brake light came on traction control also. drove great. brought it home and parked it. 2 weeks later went to move and dash said engine power reduced. reader said map sensor high out of limit. i fooled with it cleaned it put it back in was ok for a bit. didnt drive anymore just started once and awhile. winter came battery went dead. charged it back up put key in to on no warnings. started it everything fine as i recall. kept battery up til this month when i got it plated and did some driving. no warnings of any kind! some things acted a little funny but more driving straitened em out like tire sensor bad. now good. started playing with computer readout buttons and came to gas mileage.........5.1 mpg!!! gotta be kidding!? athough it does seem to use more than my 3,3 villager. havnt gone thru first tank yet. so there it is! why is it saying 5.1 !? cant really be that bad!? update....i had a lightbulb thought! i did move the car small distances over the period of non legal even around the block. also ran it without moving....and since legal 90% city stop and go and sitting with air on. so now i think i'll figure out how to reset DIC and try again.....

Last edited by bj75; July 8th, 2022 at 7:03 PM.