Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

How to remove front bowtie emblem?

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2016, 5:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove front bowtie emblem?

Yeah it's a sad question but I don't want to destroy anything while trying to remove the emblem. Aside from having some thin adhesive or adhesive tape behind the front emblem, when I looked under the hood and behind the front grill I see 2 black nubs, one is round and the other is round with a finger, like one is meant to be turned. The nubs are directly behind the emblem.

However neither nub on the back side of the grille (behind the emblem) want to turn or pry loose so I'm a little lost.

I've googled it but only find folks that had a body shop or dealership replace the emblems for them.

If anyone has an idea how to remove the emblem I'd appreciate it.

Jeremy
Old March 26th, 2016, 9:48 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They just pry off (gently).
I watched a mechanic change 2 of them on my 2007 Uplander under warranty.
Old March 27th, 2016, 4:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks PB, that's what I thought and used a plastic putty knife/bondo spreader to lift the emblem away on each side but didn't want to chance cracking the middle if it was locked in place.

I guess the nubs/protrusions on the back of the emblem press fit into the same shaped numbs on the back side of the grill. They just have such an odd shape.

I'll probably just paint the top piece for now but don't care for the gold color so I'll either go chrome or brushed aluminum hopefully and i also found that the non SS trailblazer emblem is the same part number as our uplander emblem in case that helps anyone.