Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

No bells or chimes

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2015, 6:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No bells or chimes

I only have one leg, so I have been riding in a wheelchair behind the front seats and only today realized that there was no sounds from anywhere. Even the turn signals don't make a clicking sound when turned on. Is there some way the sounds can be turned off? It just baffels me.
Old April 25th, 2015, 8:58 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi- I don't know of a way to turn off all of the sounds....

By any chance does the van have an aftermarket radio? All of the sounds go through the radio and you need a special adapter if you install an aftermarket radio in order to still have the sounds. I replaced the radio in mine...that's how I know about it. There's also a volume control on the adapter so if it has one installed maybe the volume control is turned all the way down. Unfortunately that will require you to remove the dash by the radio. But first things first...
Old April 26th, 2015, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

It does not have a after market radio, the van has been modified by BRAUN lowering it for a ramp to carry a wheelchair.
Old April 29th, 2015, 6:32 PM
CF Active Member

Now I'm with you...I'm baffled too.

Here's a thought: Blinker sounds, etc come out of the drivers side speaker on the door. Turn on the radio and using the balance and fade , have the music just come out of the drivers side door speaker...if the speaker isn't working that might explain it. Honestly if this isn't it I'm not sure what else to suggest short of a wire being accidentally cut during the conversion and I'm not thinking that's the case. I have seen cases where the wires going to the door get broken from the constant flexing where they go into the door.

I've seen a bunch of them on the road but I'm not really familiar with the BRAUN vans so I can't say what they do to it. Let me know how your speaker test works out. Good Luck!
Old April 30th, 2015, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Bells and Chimes

I tested the speaker as you suggested, and the driver side was equally as loud as the right side. Guess I will be taking the radio out but I sure dred it.
Old May 4th, 2015, 6:28 PM
CF Active Member

Bummer - Sorry I couldn't provide a quick fix for you. I've taken the radio out...not as bad as it looks. Just take your time. Scariest part is prying off the radio bezel...go gently. Good Luck!
Old May 7th, 2015, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default Bels and Chimes

Hey 442 dude, I was wrong about ythe speaker. We took the door sideing off, and the speaker was unpluged. Pluged it in and away we go with sound and music. Ever heard of anyone installing new speakers? Looks like it would be impossble. Thanks for all the help.
Old May 11th, 2015, 8:33 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by kj5si
Hey 442 dude, I was wrong about ythe speaker. We took the door sideing off, and the speaker was unpluged. Pluged it in and away we go with sound and music. Ever heard of anyone installing new speakers? Looks like it would be impossble. Thanks for all the help.

YAHOO!!!!So great to hear you figured it out!

All the best,