Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Rear wheels off center and Lowering thoughts

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2015, 5:56 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear wheels off center and Lowering thoughts

I have the 2008 long wheel base cargo version, but has anyone else noticed this about their respective long wheelbase passenger versions?

Looking at mine, it's easily noticeable that the rear wheel is closer to the rear of the back wheel arch and not centered at all.

I'm thinking the extra height (whatever that is) is responsible and it's goofy looking.

Lowering:

Ideally I'd like to drop the rear about 1-2" to level it with the front, but the local GM dealerships are very little help.

All they can give me is 5 rear coil spring set part numbers, one of them being my cargo coils. But they can't give me any dimensional info (spring height,etc) and can't tell me which Uplander models the springs fit.

Also the local part stores only carry one rear coil spring part number which makes it more confusing.

I would think that a short wheel base Uplander would have a potentially shorter AND/OR softer rear coil spring due to holding up less mass than the extended models.

Thoughts or info is appreciated,

Jeremy