Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

Stabilitrak malfunction

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2011, 7:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on Denali Stabilitrak issue

We took the vehicle to the dealer. They first said it was a dirty throttle body. This did not make any since at all and I told them that. The result was we found ourselves broken down on the road again after 200 miles. They had simply reset the computer and hoped it had fixed it self. What a bunch of idiots. We had it towed to a different dealership who replaced the throttle sencer. This repair seems to have worked!!! We have been driving now for over 400 miles with no problems!
Old December 24th, 2011, 9:35 AM
CF Active Member

Good to know that you guys are safe again....If I had a choice, I wouldn't have bought anything over 2005 because these (not only GM) vehicles have so many computer and sensor controlled devices, that you're at the mercy of dealerships with hit and miss troubleshooting skills and honesty.

I'm still going to look for a way to disable Stabilitrak though....
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:00 PM
CF Beginner

Question Stabilitrac problems

Hi there. New to the forum, having the same thing happen with my wifes 06 TB. Had the brakes start locking up on the highway in Indy while at our daughters dance competition in early Dec. Stabilitrac light came on, service stabilitrac came on where the odometer is. Couldn't drive over about 35 at 2500 rpm. That was the first time but has happened several times since. Anyone ever figure out a solution to this problem? It is starting to get worse and of course it's not under a warranty anymore. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old January 14th, 2012, 12:50 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My first ABS vehicle was a new Honda Accord in 1993 and from '93 to 2012 I can't remember the ABS ever kicking on except when I tried it in a frozen parking lot to make sure it still worked. I might "select as an option" ABS in a new car if it was cheap but probably not because it may be an expensive repair down the road for something I never use. I certainly wouldn't select stabilitrac or ride leveling. I'm very happy that my 2007 Uplander doesn't have TPMS as well.
My vote, pull the fuse and lose the ABS as well. When was the last time your ABS activated in a stop ??

Last edited by Papa Bear; May 8th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:31 AM
CF Active Member

If I end up with a major problem that dissable my 2009 uplander I will follow your advise. I can live also without the ABS. I never had any of this stuff on my others vehicles and I am still alive today.
Old January 16th, 2012, 2:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> bowhnt_it,

I encourage you to that the vehicle in for an inspection. It's possible it may be a sensor, that's just a suggestion, not a diagnosis. A certified technician will be able to offer diagnosis after a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 16th, 2012, 3:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 sliverado stabilitrak problems

I too have been having problems with the stabilitrak in my 2010 silverado.
I bought it used this past June with 34000km on it, and only in the last month have I been having problems. (50000km now)
I can be driving for 20-30 min then I get a warning message, stabilitrak off, service soon etc
I have no other symptoms that others have reported like the brakes locking, or not being able to drive over a certain speed, I just get the message.
If I shut the truck off and leave it for 10min or so the message is gone but sometimes comes back a hour later.
I have also gone days without it coming on too, so I am stumped as what issue I may be having.

I guess I should get it into a dealership and have it looked at soon.
Old February 18th, 2012, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

2011 Silverado, I put an older model's wheels on it b/c i couldn't stand the chrome plastic wheels they come with now. Right as the service was being finished the tech told me the ABS & Stabilitrak lights were on. They weren't on before pulling the truck in. The wheels are exactly the same size and I am using my same tires. IDK why this could be happening. The truck has 8,800 miles on it. The dealer said to come in and let them check it out b/c it is still under manufacturer warranty. Anyone had this problem? the truck is driving the exact same as when the light was off.
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2010 Yukon XL 3/4 tonne

I have had issues with power loss hard shifting truck rolling backwards in park and now stabilitrak. I had my light come on and off 3 times, even talked to the GM dealer about it when I went for an oilchange yesterday. Left the dealership was driving in the city 60km/h and the right side locked up pulling me to the curb then the left braked pulling me back into oncoming traffic. I came to a stop and turned my truck around went back to the dealership and that is where it sits. I believe GM has a safety issue with this and should deal with it. At 55000kms I don't really need to upgrade to another vehicle but I have 5 kids and I am really questioning the safety of this truck. I should have kept my 2006 suburban, never a problem.
Old September 25th, 2012, 2:33 AM
CF Beginner

This is obviously nothing new, yet there has been no resolution to the problem. Probably because no one has died yet.

I've seen this problem on my 2007 Avalanche a number of times, the most harrowing was trying to get the vehicle home. The way the engine was running I thought I was going to find it out on the asphalt.

That was a 30mph.

Tonight I was on Interstate 90 West in Washington State and it decided to kick in with the "Service Stabilitrak"and "tabilitrak has been disabled" messages, doing 70mph (legal speed limit) I was able to get it to the side of the road before the engine started bucking. I do have an ecu scanner and plugged it in only to find that the only code was related to a MAF/MAP correlation error. Now for starters, I have always believed that this is a ECU issue, either with the hardware or the programming itself. I am now leaning more towards the programming.

I think the only way that the ECU, when it detects a problem that requires control of the engine, can get that control is to access the Stabilitrak module. Unfortunately there isn't enough information relayed to that module for it to properly control the systems without scaring the crap out of the driver.

When I cleared the code, the engine stabilized but I still shut it off and waited a few minutes before restarting.

Quick Reply: Stabilitrak malfunction