Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

2000 venture

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2016, 6:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 venture

I am just baffled.
I have a venture that has a pk3 system. Someone attempted to steal it few months ago I had to replace the steering column on it. Keep the original passkey on it. But then the ignition kept locking up. So changed that out and transferred the transponder from old key to the new one. (Which they say can't be done) And it worked just fine til some num nut tried unlocking the door with the new key and broke it off instead of switching and using the one hanging right beside it. Well it still worked for a while till transponder came loose. Had someone order new key which had wrong transponder. I tried reprogramming the key then realized it wasn't right one. Had lights power all bells and whistles. 2 weeks later had it towed home so I could work on it. They left key in on postion after towing it home. I went to test key one more time and have nothing no lights or anything. Checked battery it fine fuses seem to be fine. Plz can anyone help suggest something for me to try.
Old February 24th, 2016, 7:02 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello !
Read here. How do I program a 2000 pontiac montana pk3 key - Car Forums and Automotive Chat
If you have any additional questions - ask.