Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

2004 Chevy Venture Passenger Window Goes Down but NOT up

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2014, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Power Window

I am having a similar problem with my 2004 Chevy Venture Passenger window. When I use the driver's button it goes down, sometimes it will go back up, sometimes it won't--it's moody. It works fine whenever we use the passenger button, so I think there must be a short--or maybe the wire is not quite as tight as it used to be--near the switch in the driver's side. Is it difficult/time-consuming to get at this?
Old August 6th, 2014, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

susieque:

Sounds exactly like the driver's side switch. Very easy to remove with just your fingernails or a wide flat blade screwdriver. This is not a wiring problem. Lift the entire switch housing up out of the door panel and disconnect the connecters.

The electrical connecters take a minute to disconnect but again it's not difficult at all. Do it yourself and save big bucks.

If you need a part number, go to the local GM dealer and show them your Vin# and they can print out a sheet showing you the part and then give you the part #. Don't buy it from them --- search Ebay or Google for the part # for much better price. I took a chance and bought a driver's side switch from a local salvage yard and it has worked for five years and keeps working. Had to buy a new passenger side switch.
Old August 7th, 2014, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

Do I need to replace both of the switches (i.e. do they come as a unit), or do I just need to replace the passenger side of the driver's window switch?
Old August 9th, 2014, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

susieque:

They are completely separate. I would just replace the driver's side since that's the switch that you wrote is the intermittent one. Check Ebay or Google it to find the least cost.

The driver's side will cost more than the passenger side because it's a double!

Tony
Old August 10th, 2014, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

Question

So it's not possible to just replace the passenger 1/2 of the driver's side switch? Maybe I haven't communicated it very clearly in previous posts, that this is what I wanted to do--or maybe this is not possible?
Old August 11th, 2014, 4:42 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi !
... just replace the passenger 1/2 of the driver's side switch - this is not possible
Driver's side ...

Passenger side ...
Old August 11th, 2014, 7:53 AM
CF Beginner

sergei:

Thanks. Nice photos.

susieque:

OK, now I'm with you. I was talking about the entire assembly. I found that it was easier just to buy the entire drivers window switch assembly and swap it out.

Perhaps segei can give you the part #s for just the switch within the assembly.
Old August 11th, 2014, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

susieque:

Look at this ebay item:

00 05 Oldsmobile Silhouette Driver Side Window Switch | eBay

That should do the trick.
Old August 13th, 2014, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue, new switch didnt work

I have the same issue with my passenger window going down, but not up on my 04 Venture. I was able to use my battery to put the window back up, so I know its not the motor.

I bought a replacement via ebay just like the link Tony S45 posted, but I am still unable to get the passenger side to work.

The passenger side switch can put the window down, but not up. The driver side switch cant put the passenger window down or up.

The driver switch will operate the driver side window both up and down.

Any thoughts?
Old August 14th, 2014, 2:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi all!
Failure of the window lifter may be due to the oxidised or broken wires on the passenger side (see photo). These compounds on the passenger side have Sintra, Ventura and Montana, but may differ in color wires.

Quick Reply: 2004 Chevy Venture Passenger Window Goes Down but NOT up