Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Power sliding door

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2009, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power sliding door

I have a 2000 Oldsmobile silhouette with the power slider and it doesn't work very well-If you push on the outside of the door with your hip just below the handle and push the button on the remote or the button inside it will open.Once open it shuts just fine with either button.
Old February 16th, 2009, 6:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mardye
I have a 2000 Oldsmobile silhouette with the power slider and it doesn't work very well-If you push on the outside of the door with your hip just below the handle and push the button on the remote or the button inside it will open.Once open it shuts just fine with either button.
Maybe you could be a little more specific. But if your power is moving the door just fine could the door possibly be out of alignment and or could the latch be messed up or getting caught?
Old February 19th, 2009, 10:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figure that something isn't ligned up right or not making a connection.The power part works fine and it closes fine it just doesn't open without assistance.If you push the button to open and then use the handle on the inside of the door and push it open a little it will open itself when you manually start it and if you push on the door just below the handle and use the open button on the remote it'll open