Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Tire size

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2015, 4:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire size

will a 245/75r16 fit on my Venture Right it has 215/60/16
Thanks
Old November 28th, 2015, 10:34 PM
CF Active Member

Fit, maybe. I wouldn't even try it though. That's a wider tire and an even higher profile, you'll throw your speedometer way off.

Tire Size Calculator & Converter, Tire Size Conversion | Discount Tire
Old November 28th, 2015, 10:35 PM
CF Veteran

if it would physically fit i'm not sure but keep in mind your speedometer will be off and it might mess with your abs changing the size that much.
Old November 29th, 2015, 3:23 PM
CF Active Member

A little more in-depth with help from the link I previously posted...

245-215=30mm wider section width. On the same rims this means it will be centered on the rim giving 15mm less clearance on the inside. Combine that with the hight profile of (245/75)7.23 - (215/60)5.08 = +2.15" RADIUS and you may end up rubbing the struts, and while the diameter may fit in the wheelwell while they are straight you could end up rubbing when you turn the steering wheel. Fitting on the rims shouldn't be a problem though, typically tires will fit on rims ±1" in width easily and higher profiles make that number even bigger.

And as I stated before regarding the speedometer...65MPH will actually be about 76MPH! The only good thing about that is the larger circumference means you will cover the same distance with less revolutions of the tire (less wear?).

As far as your traction or ABS is concerned though, those systems work more on a relational (wheel to wheel) calculation than anything to do with your actual speed so they shouldn't be affected enough for you to notice.
Old November 29th, 2015, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks a lot I appreciate your time to think about this post ��
Old November 30th, 2015, 1:22 AM
CF Active Member

If you decide to try it, I'd suggest a set of wheel spacers or a set of rims with a different offset to push the wheels out.

Since everything is computerized nowadays, you may want to do some research and see what it takes to reprogram the speedometer.