Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

1995 GMC 3500 7.4 no fuel

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2018, 9:36 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 GMC 3500 7.4 no fuel

I just replaced the plugs, plug wires and cap. I made sure the wires were in the right order and checked for spark, which they are getting. The truck started fine before the changes, right away. After the new parts installed it just cranks and cranks. I added a little fuel into each barrel if the carb and is will fire for a second but not stay running. There wasn't a fuel issue before, I don't remember if I heard the fuel pump before but I don't now.
Ayn suggestion would be appreciated.
Old August 15th, 2018, 10:12 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Huston_fam
I just replaced the plugs, plug wires and cap. I made sure the wires were in the right order and checked for spark, which they are getting. The truck started fine before the changes, right away. After the new parts installed it just cranks and cranks. I added a little fuel into each barrel if the carb and is will fire for a second but not stay running. There wasn't a fuel issue before, I don't remember if I heard the fuel pump before but I don't now.
Ayn suggestion would be appreciated.
Bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, bad fuel pressure regulator, bad relay, TBI injectors are not working, bad or clogged.