Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

1995 Silverado AC/HEATER PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2016, 6:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Silverado AC/HEATER PROBLEM

I replaced the control panel and after I put it in the blower motor still would not work. The **** that controls the vents does not even work. I connected the blower motor ( it's new also) directly to the battery to see if it was good. It was. So I feel better I hooked up a toggle switch and the blower motor would run and after I turned it off. the motor would still run although at a lower speed. I asked around and was told that meant that my resistor was bad. So I'm going to put a resistor in. But that still leaves the question of why the control **** wont work. And before anyone asks... Yes I did have the motor running. Although I was also told that it could be that the vents could be controlled electronically. That makes sense because there are no vacuum lines or anything running from the back of the control panel where everything hooks up. I've checked every fuse that I can think of. Inside the door opening and under the hood. I am at a loss. Please help. Thank you in advance for any help or any advice you can give

Last edited by Tenno89; November 12th, 2016 at 8:45 AM. Reason: Typos