Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

4L60e not working

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2020, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 4L60e not working

4L60e not working, Put my stroker in my 1994 c1500 4.3. Did some reading up on getting the 4L60e to work with my holly 750 and my MSD spark system. Purchased this aftermarket TPC and hooked it up to my Holly. I kept the wiring harness in tack for now and hooked up the CCS. So, basically I ran the aftermarket TPS to existing wiring on harness, Ran the Tach wire off my MSD to the Purple/white wire from original distributer, hooked up the CCS because I read somewhere that it was needed. Tranny only working in reverse. Really makes a serious racket if I put it into drive. What am I not doing right or what step am I missing. I’ll give it about a week of experiments and input then I’ll just throw my Turbo 350 in and to hell with the speed odometer. Would love to hear different ideas that won’t cost an arm and a leg to try. THX in advance

Pic of aftermarket TPC

Fuel lines I ran from OEM

MSD Tach running from this

CCS in Manifold

Pic of the stroker when it was in S10 Blazer
The following users liked this post:
Chris94 (October 8th, 2020)
Old October 5th, 2020, 8:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

As I stated in your other thread - a stand alone controller for the transmission is probably the easiest way to go. The original PCM in your truck relied on several inputs, and IMO, trying to meet all the needed signals using aftermarket sensors is going to result in a lot of headaches, frustration, and wasted money.

The cheap end for controllers is in the $150 range - it goes up from there depending on what you want. Just google “4L60E stand alone controller” and go from there. I won’t speak to any specific brands as I don’t have personal experience with using them. I’d recommend looking up independent reviews for any controller you’re interested in to weed out the junk.
Old October 6th, 2020, 5:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gumby, you have no idea how helpful you were in me making my decision on my tranny issues. I originally built that stroker as a project for my 86 S10. One can never get back investment on a build like that by selling the motor out of vehicle. That S10 would **** and git with 470 ponies under the hood. Car was just to hot to drive. I rebuilt a 1994 4.3 I had laying around and put that in the S10 with a 700r4 and a TCI lockup kit. S10 is a done deal pretty and runs GREAT. Truck started giving me problems and I had that stroker sitting there for a year and a half doing nothing and only has about 2k on it. At my age 68 keeping busy playing with cars keeps me in pretty good shape. So I invest $750 on Shift controller for a tranny that has 250K on it or I buy a 700r4 and throw that in or I put my Turbo 350 in and find a longer drive shaft. Truck is so solid and I only use it for hauling stuff around Dallas when needed. 350 Turbo going in. Your input help me think straight thanks for taking the time,,,greatly appreciated!!