Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

97 pickup hard shift

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2018, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 pickup hard shift

I have a 97 Chevy pickup truck with a 5.7 vortec and automatic transmission. An started to shift hard I've changed the filter an fluid , new trans cooler, new radiator. I just noticed Tonite on way home I had little bit of a load on the truck and it shifted perfect. Is the tranny got my mind set on the transmission an ignoren the rearend or can somebody tell me what the hell is going on? I'm pretty much a fix my own an can usually detect the problem when I have one but I'm totally in the dark on this one. It's really starting to **** me off. Lol sorry!
Old July 21st, 2018, 4:57 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by skeetersserviceskc
I have a 97 Chevy pickup truck with a 5.7 vortec and automatic transmission. An started to shift hard I've changed the filter an fluid , new trans cooler, new radiator. I just noticed Tonite on way home I had little bit of a load on the truck and it shifted perfect. Is the tranny got my mind set on the transmission an ignoren the rearend or can somebody tell me what the hell is going on? I'm pretty much a fix my own an can usually detect the problem when I have one but I'm totally in the dark on this one. It's really starting to **** me off. Lol sorry!
If you have lots of miles, or you were not the first owner, you/we dont know what the cuase may be. C - K 1500-2500-3500? Miles?
Old July 21st, 2018, 7:55 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

What exactly do you mean by hard shift? Have you checked the universals?