Notices
1988 - 1998 (GMT400) Section for all discussion related to the 1987-1998 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Odd crank no start issue!

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2019, 5:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd crank no start issue!

Over the past 3 weeks my truck has started Monday-Friday. Every Saturday for the past three weeks it will crank no start! Crazy weird. Every Sunday evening it will fire right up, no problems. Runs great when started. What in the hell is going on. Fuel pressure is good, got spark, just no start on my days off! Is the truck taking the weekends off like me?! 1996 Silverado 1500 5.0, swapped to a 5.7. 310000 miles on truck, about 110000 on engine. Replaced ignition control module last weekend, ran great all week and now no start again today. Finally got it started today at 5 pm just by trying randomly throughout the day. Like I said very odd issue. Help
Old February 10th, 2019, 5:48 AM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's odd. It's almost like the computer knows what day of the week it is. Has me at loss. I have a computer at work that I have to reset the date for certain software to work (licensing issue). Do you do anything different on Friday when it is parked for the evening? That shouldn't make a difference though.

Taking a shot in the dark here - when was the last time the plugs were changed?