Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

03 Silverado Dash Cluster Questions.

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2016, 6:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Silverado Dash Cluster Questions.

My truck like many many others has bad stepper motors in the dash cluster as well as some lights out making it dim to see the gear selector. I would like to add a temp gauge if I go with a reman from a parts house, problem is I'm not sure if an aftermarket sensor 1/8 npt in the pressure port will be able to register in the dash cluster. Has anyone done this? If so how big of deal is this or is it even possible? I need to replace my dash cluster but if this is not possible I guess I will find a way to do it seperately. Thanks for any help. Aaron
Old September 7th, 2016, 5:50 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my whole cluster replaced back in February or March. It was about $290.00 at a local shop that "rebuilds" them (you get a rebuilt one and they remove yours to rebuild it & sell to someone else). I did not mind the voltmeter and oil pressure gauges acting up, but eventually the speedometer and tach went berserk as well.

Chevy/GMC trucks of similar vintage are known for this problem. Eventually, your whole gauge cluster WILL need to be redone.
Old September 12th, 2016, 7:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aaron Stegall
My truck like many many others has bad stepper motors in the dash cluster as well as some lights out making it dim to see the gear selector. I would like to add a temp gauge if I go with a reman from a parts house, problem is I'm not sure if an aftermarket sensor 1/8 npt in the pressure port will be able to register in the dash cluster. Has anyone done this? If so how big of deal is this or is it even possible? I need to replace my dash cluster but if this is not possible I guess I will find a way to do it seperately. Thanks for any help. Aaron

Hi, Tanin Auto Electronix here. We are vendors on the site and can offer some assistance. This repair is quite common on this vehicle. We have a repair service and are happy to answer any questions that you may have as well. Just give us a call today at 262-456-4147! Here is the repair service so you can check it out:

2003 - 2006 Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Escalade, Envoy, Trailblazer, Impala, Monte Carlo, Cavalier, Sunfire Gauge Cluster Repair

Sending it in for the repair means that you can also customize the lighting at the same time. We have quite a few photos on our Facebook page of customized lighting that we have done for customers too.Check it out here:

Facebook Post

We look forward to talking with you soon and hopefully getting that cluster fixed for you!

Thanks,