Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2000 Z71 Frame repair?

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2019, 10:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Z71 Frame repair?

I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I have a 2000 Silverado Z71, reg cab long bed. It has a crack on the frame just under the gas filler cap. I was wondering what other people have done to repair or possibly strengthen that area. I'm no welder but have been wrenching on my own stuff for a long time. Any frame repair kits out there?? Suggestions, examples. I have tried to search the forum but didn't find anything.
Thanks,
Pat
Old June 19th, 2019, 8:27 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by acdblujns
I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I have a 2000 Silverado Z71, reg cab long bed. It has a crack on the frame just under the gas filler cap. I was wondering what other people have done to repair or possibly strengthen that area. I'm no welder but have been wrenching on my own stuff for a long time. Any frame repair kits out there?? Suggestions, examples. I have tried to search the forum but didn't find anything.
Thanks,
Pat
The only solution is to have a good welder take care of it. Anything else is a waste of money.